BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Isolated from the Spinning Wheel

I'm in spinning heck! I've been at the in-law's place since Friday and haven't been able to spin a single, well, single. There is the consolation of being able to periodically pet the yarn I brought with me to show everyone. I've spent several hours explaining how different fibers spin up in different ways. My mother-in-law patiently listened as I pushed skein after skein into her lap, she even tried to be enthusiastic, poor woman. She's an avid scrapbooker, maybe I should have pushed that angle. She's not a fiberholic like me. The withdrawl has been brutal, but they're trying to help me through it by keeping me otherwise occupied.

On Saturday Dear Hubby and I met my sister and her beau at the St. Louis Botanical Gardens, otherwise known as Shaw's Gardens. There was a beautiful orchid show set up in one of the wings and it was so worth the trip. I love going to the gardens, but have never been there during the winter before. We were surprised to see pansies blooming outside already, but they were off the paved path and I couldn't get a good picture of them. I got some inspiration for a few things for my shop from some of the things we saw and can't wait to download the pictures we took so I can see them larger.

Today we had lunch at my parent's place and then came back to the in-laws to watch the Daytona 500. I watched the greater portion of it with the roof of my mouth and started snoring very loudly several times. So embarrassing! I guess my feminine mystique has been shattered, not that I had much to start with.

Tomorrow we go home. Tomorrow evening will be spent with my wheel. Sweet, sweet spinning.

2 comments:

Lenox Knits said...

I can only imagine being kept from my knitting. I'd got out of my mind very quickly. I have been to Shaw's gardens and it is gorgeous just about any time of year so I hear. I live right outside St. Louis.

Anonymous said...

Get yourself a drop spindle honey! I love the ones Ed Jenkins makes. They have them in large and small. The small would fit in your purse (with some wool) and you can actually use it while sitting comfortably. I have them in my shop but don't have them up on my sites yet. If you are interested, call me on my cell. I think you should have my card still. If not, convo me on etsy and I'll tell you all about them. I love mine so much that I added them to my inventory this year. They are turkish and make a center pull ball as you wind on your spun yarn. The small ones will hold an ounce or more of fiber easily. Great for small projects. Contact me, I'd love to share info on this.

I love reading your blog. Hope you have a safe journey home.

Linda